TAGUIG CITY – The Department of Energy (DOE) continues to promote the adoption of an energy-efficient lifestyle for all Filipinos.
During the press conference held Thursday (3 January), DOE Spokesperson and Undersecretary Felix William B. Fuentebella again underscored the importance of making wise energy choices with the DOE’s recent launch of its “Save Save Save” campaign for 2019.
“The Secretary and the DOE urges everyone to have a new outlook for energy efficiency, especially as we welcome 2019,” he said.
The Energy Chief, through USec. Fuentebella, also emphasized the Department’s energy resolutions and reminded Filipino consumers to embrace an energy-efficient lifestyle.
Sec. Cusi reiterated six tips toward fuel efficiency:
1. Save fuel by driving at a steady speed. By reducing speed from120 to 80 kph, tests conducted with popular cars indicated a 25% improvement in fuel economy.
2. Save fuel by anticipating stops. Tests prove that vehicles driven at 60 kph can travel a distance of 650 meters with gradual halts do not consume additional fuel.
3. Save fuel by minimizing vehicle load. Transporting unnecessary weight in your car results in an additional 10% fuel consumption.
4. Save fuel by trying “Ang-cash Tipid” (Carpooling Program). Carpooling is an arrangement whereby several individuals travel together in a private vehicle. Carpoolers share the costs of gas and often take turns to drive to their common destination.
5. Save fuel by driving less. By taking public transport such as the MRT and LRT, you can help lessen traffic congestion and at the same time provide seamless journey for the travelling public.
“Let us continue to ‘Save Save Save’ by using our energy wisely. Maximizing our energy ability would enable us to become globally competitive and usher in a new wave of economic prosperity for the country,” Sec. Cusi concluded.